The PPG Industries Foundation has donated $15,000 to the Air Force Museum Foundation for construction of a fourth building at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio. The grant was made on behalf of PPG Industries’ aerospace business. The new building, scheduled to open in 2015, will feature four galleries illustrating the U.S. Air Force’s contribution to the space program; its role in transporting the president and other leaders; its contribution to global airlift missions; and research and development aircraft.
Stevens Aviation has announced Ron Tennyson, general manager of the company’s Dayton, Ohio facility, is retiring at the end of March. Phil Stearns has been named as successor, moving up from the company’s technical sales manager position. Stearns’s promotion is effective immediately and Tennyson will remain on staff until his retirement to see the U.S. Air Force T-1A modification project to its conclusion and ensure a smooth transition as Stearns takes charge of the Dayton operation.
Stevens Aviation’s Dayton facility dates back to 1946 as Ohio Aviation. It was one of the original Beechcraft distributors and authorized Beech Aircraft Centers. During the 1970s Ohio Aviation expanded its operation by adding facilities in Cincinnati and Cleveland. In 1983 Beech Aircraft purchased Ohio Aviation but continued operating it under its original name. Beech later sold the Dayton and Cincinnati operations to J.P. Stevens, which merged them into its aviation subsidiary, Stevens Aviation.