Longer overhaul intervals for Beech 1900D engines
Raytheon Airline Aviation Services and Pratt & Whitney Canada have announced the availability of a 9,000-hour overhaul interval for the PT6A-67D engines installed on the Beechcraft 1900D. Most 1900s must undergo overhauls at between 6,000 and 8,000 hours.
The TBO, available through a P&WC Service Bulletin, allows operators to extend their overhaul intervals to 9,000 hours or 14 years for low-use applications such as corporate shuttles.
Future deliveries of 1900Ds from Raytheon Aircraft will qualify for the new TBO. Operators of existing aircraft can apply for a TBO extension by referring
The main elements include:
- submitting an Operator Qualification Application that validates the operator’s ability to maintain the engines in accordance with published procedures;
- ensuring that each engine meets the engine build specification defined in SB14003 (or will meet specification at mid-life inspection);
- submitting paperwork for each specific engine;
- installing an engine exceedance monitor;
- performing engine condition trend monitoring.