The Fine Print: Under the plan to reopen DCA to non-airline traffic
• General aviation operations will be limited to 24 arrivals and 24 departures each day.
• Pilots must be pre-certified under a program similar to the Twelve-Five program.
• Flight plans and crew manifests must be filed 24 hours in advance.
• Aircraft will be swept and crew, baggage and passengers will undergo screening at the gateway airports before departure.
• A DHS-certified and trained law enforcement officer will be carried on board.
• Advance registration and qualification of operators and crews seeking to operate at DCA will be required, with enhanced background checks for all passengers and fingerprints based upon criminal history records checks for the flight crew.
• All operations are subject to cancellation at any time.
• At threat level orange or red in the Washington area or in the vicinity of the gateway airports, all GA operations into and out of DCA will cease.